SunFarm & SunBox
Agricultural buildings are ideal for modern solar photovoltaic (PV) systems because they usually have large roof areas. Big Dutchman is a competent partner for customers interested in solar power generation. With a modular system tailored to scale, you can reduce your electricity costs sustainably nearly anywhere in the world using the power of the sun.
The icing on the cake is the complementary battery system. If you opt for battery storage as well as equipping your roof with a PV system, you can cover an even larger percentage of your energy requirements, thus further lowering your energy costs. Additionally, any excess electricity can be fed into the public grid.
If you want to reduce energy costs in livestock production permanently, SunFarm is the way to go. Big Dutchman will install state-of-the-art rooftop PV modules on your livestock buildings, with components from reputable manufacturers that are well-suited for use in agriculture and that guarantee a calculable output. You can use the solar power that is produced directly in your livestock buildings and then feed excess electricity into the public grid.
- high overall efficiency thanks to the clever combination of suitable components;
- low additional loads on the roof, usually below 15 kg/m²;
- supply of a system that perfectly fits your requirements.
Increase your solar coverage rate and reduce your dependence on your energy supplier! Surplus solar electricity need not only be fed into the public grid, it can be stored through the Big Dutchman battery system. This is an economic alternative because the batteries store power generated during sunny hours so it can be used during the night, which also helps to level-out load peaks.
SunBox is a stationary battery storage system with a modular design that meets the highest quality standards. Retrofitting an existing PV system with SunBox is simple because SunBox is compatible with virtually all inverters available on the market.
- stationary battery storage with a modular design;
- scalability in steps of 14 kWh up to your desired size;
- intrinsically safe battery chemistry with lithium iron phosphate (LFP) cells that are robust, have a long service life and do not contain any rare earths;
- display of cell and component diagnosis for components that require maintenance;
- cell management according to individual cell charges so charging and capacity tolerances can be balanced even under the highest loads;
- high charging and discharging power;
- storage diagnosis down to the cell level;
- open design that is easily accessible for service at every assembly group;
- high system compatibility.
Which system concept would you like to see?
If you fill in the checklist below and send it to your consultant ahead of the first non-binding consultation, Big Dutchman will be able to show you preliminary figures based on this initial assessment during the meeting.
Click here to download the checklist.